Bearer now detects security risks that cause data breaches by scanning your code repositories.
Customer benefits are:
- Detect and mitigate security risks before they reach your production environment.
- Assess risks faster and more accurately with actionable context.
- Stop slowing down development by automating security checks.
Risk events are listed on the Home page in an inbox format.
A risk event is triggered when:
- a repository processes new sensitive data.
- a repository processes sensitive data and integrates with a new third party.
- sensitive data is not encrypted
Bearer provides you with contextual information so you can investigate and assess risks efficiently. Once a risk has been detected, you can ignore it, assign it to a teammate or close it once it has been mitigated.
Risk events can be customized in the Settings to fit your own processes. For each risk event you can set up:
- the risk level.
- notifications (emails, Slack).
For more information, please refer to the documentation.